Summer art camp is about having fun while also gaining some knowledge and appreciation for art. Our goal is to give each child a positive, joyous, and memorable experience. They will have fun:
- discovering contemporary artists from various cultural backgrounds
- collaborating with fellow campers in group projects
- exploring different mediums and art-making processes
- participating in high energy activities
- creating art, new friendships and great memories
- building not just projects, but confidence, too
Each week of camp will include:
Museum tour when campers will take a behind-the-scenes tour of the museum and learn about art collections, preservation, curation, exhibition design and the many people needed to keep a museum running all while interacting with the traveling exhibition Highlighting Contemporary Art in Georgia: Picture This.
Registration closes 1 week before each session starts so register early!
Week 6 Middle School: July 17-21
Camp CHROMA for ages 11-13 only
All day: 9am-2pm, $200
Registration Deadline: July 9
Week 6 High School Afternoon: July 17-21
Camp PRISM for ages 14-18 only
Registration Deadline: July 16
MORE Camp INFORMATION
What happens if the week of workshops I want to sign up for is full?
If your preferred week of workshops is already full, you can join the waitlist via email on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no cost to join a waitlist and no obligation to sign up once you’re on it. If you would like to join a waitlist, please email email@example.com new email and include the week of camp, age group, name of camper, and phone number.
We will contact you immediately as soon as a spot opens up for the week you are waitlisted for. If we do not hear back from you within 24 hours, we reserve the right to offer the spot to the next person on the waitlist.
What is the cancellation policy?
Any cancellation or change made more than two weeks before your child’s first day of workshop carries an administrative fee of $25; if you cancel your registration before the two-week deadline, you will receive a refund less the $25 fee. No refunds can be given for cancellations made less than one week prior to the start of the selected workshop.
The LaGrange Art Museum reserves the right to cancel any camp that does not meet minimum enrollment (six campers) or for other unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to notify families at least one week prior to the start of a camp session if a particular camp is canceled. Any payments made toward a week of camp that the LaGrange Art Museum cancels will be eligible for a refund or can be applied to another camp if space permits.
What if my student can’t attend the full week?
It’s okay but not recommended. Our curriculum and activities unfold over the five days of workshops, each building on the one before it. You are welcome to sign up and plan on missing days, but we are unable to prorate the cost of the workshop week.
Drop-off and Pick-Up areas
1. The designated drop off/pick up point on the lowest level of the parking deck at the back entrance to the Center for Creative Learning. Access this area via the Broome Street parking deck entrance at the bottom of the hill. Staff will be there to collect and escort children to the art studio. There is plenty of adjacent parking should you need to park and walk your child in.
Please DO NOT use street side parking in front of the museum or CCL along Vernon St./Lafayette Parkway. For safety, only the designated entrance to the building will be unlocked.
2. Plan to drop campers off no earlier than fifteen minutes prior to camp. Because some camps meet back-to-back it is very important to pick up campers on time.
3. For your child’s well-being and that of other campers, please keep children who are sick, exhibiting symptoms or running a temperature at home.
4. Camp will be fun and it will likely be messy. Please send your child in clothes you don’t mind them getting paint on.
5. We are only able to accommodate children pre-registered for camp. Additional friends/relatives will need to register before attending.
6. Please feel free to communicate with us by email firstname.lastname@example.org new email or calling the museum directly at 706-882-3267